Moms are the best.
Many of my favorite memories are with my mom. Some of my least favorites as well! She’s been there through it all. And with Mother’s Day right around the corner, there’s no better way to show her how much we appreciate her patience and wisdom than by giving her a thoughtful gift. Whether for your mom, grandmom, stepmom, aunt, or any other important mom-figure in your life, there’s a perfect gift for her.
But how do you best celebrate the woman who has nurtured and cared for us? I have a few ideas. 😊
Personalized Photo Gifts
- Personalized photo gifts are a great way to create a unique and sentimental gift. There are many options available, including custom photo books, personalized photo mugs, and canvas prints. You can choose a favorite photo of you and your mom or create a collage of memorable moments. And don’t forget, many local stores carry the perfect frame for that perfect picture.
- Spoil your mother with a day of relaxation and pampering at a spa. What, is my mom the only one who had a teenage girl give her major headaches over the years? There are plenty of local spas that have great options for massage, facials, etc.
- Jewelry is a classic gift that never goes out of style. Consider picking a piece that reflects your mother’s personal style or one that holds a special meaning for her. I gave my mom a unique necklace that included the birthstones of her kids and grandkids.
- Subscription boxes are a fun and unique gift idea that can be tailored to your mother’s interests. There are subscription boxes available for everything from books and beauty products to gardening and crafts. Amazon has SO MANY different ones to choose from, too. Doesn’t get much easier than that!
Stationery or Notebooks
- If your mother loves to write letters or send cards, personalized stationery is a thoughtful gift idea. You can choose from a wide range of designs and styles, including monograms, floral patterns, and custom artwork. An Iowa company called Moglea makes GORGEOUS notebooks and other types of paper products perfect for writing.
- I think my mom’s favorite gift I ever gave her was the opportunity to write. For her birthday last year, I gifted her storyworth.com. Each week for a year, she got a question to answer. Then she could upload a corresponding picture that reflected that story. (To be clear, I uploaded the pictures…but she could have if she understood how. 😉) At the end of the 52 weeks of questions, you receive a fully bound book. It is a truly wonderful keepsake for the whole family.
Happy Mother’s Day to everyone who has cared for and nurtured us!
Until Next Time,